Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Holidays Are Over

Well Wednesday was Christmas in Bishkek. The last of the holidays. Looks like we have about another week to wait and see if movement really will happen as was promised to the Ambassador by the President of Bishkek at their meeting in the end of December. After all the slow downs and waiting and "changes in process", it looks like we are back to being at the mercy of the Minister of Education. It is his/her(?) signature we will be waiting on. So send your prayers, warmth , light, positive thoughts and energy to his/her office within this building.




And here are my two fellow Mama Pajama Party travel buddies standing in front of it.


Below I am including a quote sent to me by my good friend Anna. It really struck a cord for me and I thought it may for some of you also. My children challenge me to expand and grow every day, in ways I never dreamed I needed to grow. Our month of December I can only describe as intense. I feel I was inundated with so much to process. All opportunities for learning, growth and strengthening my faith. I have to say that I have come out of it feeling more love, appreciation and closeness to my family than ever before. For that I am thankful!

Perhaps God gives us children not so much to perpetuate the human race; God gives us children to give us companions who will make every possible effort to help us remember to be fully present and to live in the present. Children are the ultimate reminders that life is nothing more than a process, and that as we participate in it, it changes. Children are willing to take on people who have started to become static, to busy themselves with unimportant things, and to lose contact with the world around them.
We are given children to help us to remember to live our lives, not just rush through them.
Anne Wilson Schaef

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I keep my photo of the MOE building on my computer desktop, so I can open it every day and send good energy there! I do the same with a photo of Janille. How can all this energy not create something good?

-Suzanne