
"I cant get my hat on"

Dimitri has been moved to a new room at the Bishkek baby house. They are renovating his old room. There are definitely more children in each group now. The orphanage has become crowded since none of the children are going home. Kuba said about 18 to 20 chikdren per room. Dimitri is one of three babies in a room with about 15 toddlers. He seems to really enjoy having them around and loves to watch them. However because they are toddlers and he does not walk, he stays inside in his crib when they go out to play. That makes me sad. He does have a special caregiver Lyuba (?spelling). I met her yesterday she seems to really enjoy Dimitri and is very kind. She speaks a little english. She comes 3 times a week to spend time with him. She "gives him massage and kisses" plays with him and takes him outside. I am quite happy he has her. The other children in Dimitri's group sing a little song about him whenever they see us out walking. I don't understand all the words but the first of it is "Kolai, Kolai, Nikolai". They still call him Nikolai at the baby house. They are so sweet. I wish I could get it on video but the orphanage does not allow it.
Dimitri has changed so much! It seems he has gained some weight although it is hard to tell because he still wears several layers of clothing. He is eating mostly solid foods. I brought him a banana and an apple today. He liked both but loved knawing on the apple. His favorite toys this time are some nesting cups. He will spend a great deal of time trying to stack them and nest them. He also likes the blocks and tries to stack them. He seems to have good focus and attention span. He loves to be kissed on the neck and tickled and will laugh out loud.
Today, we drove by the building where the Minister of Education has his office. We all got out to take a picture. I will post it later so we all can visualize it when we send all that positive energy his way.
That's it for now I need to get some sleep.
1 comment:
He looks absolutely adorable! I'm so glad you are all there spending time with your little ones...sorry to hear about no video...I'm glad he has that extra attention also, but it breaks my heart to hear they are bursting at the seams:(
Godspeed and many prayers to you and all the babies there. We have friends that are also waiting, one who was born the week before Phoebe and have been waiting since last Nov!!
Post a Comment