Thursday, December 4, 2008

New Statement

December 3, 2008 - Joint Council has confirmed that the U.S. Embassy in Kyrgyzstan has been requesting further information on the current state of intercountry adoptions from the Kyrgyz government. At this time, it is our understanding that the Kyrgyz Parliament has concerns regarding the governmental control of Adoption Service Providers in the republic.
In meetings with Kyrgyz officials, the US Embassy stressed that the current actions are causing fiscal and emotional distress to potential adoptive parents. Kyrgyz officials have been unwilling to comment as to the processing of cases already in progress. However, a governmental working group will be forming in the coming weeks. We do not expect any official statement to come from this working group before the end of 2008.
This statement from Joint Council For International Children's Services came out yesterday. I have not received any information from our agency about what this will mean for our case. But it sure has my spirits down. The formation of a new group.... and a working group no less. How long could that take??????
OK sorry now I will go for the glass half full. At least it seems we have a voice over there. All I can do is pray that they have it in their hearts to let the children waiting come home ASAP!!!!!!!

I will end with one of my favorite pictures of that happy sweet boy.




OK two I couldn't resist

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Aw, I miss you and Dimitri.

xo
Suzanne