

This is a picture of the Hotel were we stayed in Bishkek. surrounded by pictures of what surrounded the hotel (I can't quite master how to place the pictures where I want them). The whole city was such a mixed of money and luxury, right next to total lack there of. There would be new construction or a new building right next to a construction site that had a building that was half finished but had obviously been abandoned for many years. I felt the pangs of guilt each morning as I looked out our hotel window and saw little children with bare legs walking out to the little outhouse shared by several houses and the man shaving under a tree using water from a pudddle on the ground.


1 comment:
Hi all,
Welcome home! Dimitri looks great...it is obvious he will blossom in a great home. He certainly appears to have bonded to all of you over a very short time. I'm sure the wait to return to pick him up will be agonizing, but just think what it will be like to have him home. Good luck on your next trip and Congrats!!
Jon
Post a Comment