Well I now have a bit of time on my hands so I have decided it is time to update the blog. Wow I just realized we have been back for 8 weeks. At this point we are waiting for a court date. Life has been very full over the past two months, so time has past swiftly, making the wait a bit easier. About a month or so ago The Kyrgyzstan Adoption program was put on a hold. It has been hard to figure out what parts of the process are on hold. We do know that the embassy in DC is not accepting new dossiers at this point. In the long run I believe the hold is a good thing. The program in K has grown quite swiftly since the first of the year. Lots of people switching over from Vietnam and Guatemala as these programs have major problems and I believe are shut down to adoption from the US. From what I understand, the officials in K are putting the program on hold so that they can reevaluate the process and make some changes to better handle the volume of dossiers they are receiving. I think the changes will help to make the process more streamline and consistent and hopefully avoid some bigger problems in the future as the program grows.
Where are we in the process? Well our dossier had already been through the embassy in DC and was in Bishkek by the time the hold went into effect. This is good. They have formed some new committees in Bishkek to review paper work and it seems that those committees are now working and cases already in country are now moving forward. I believe that our paperwork has been submitted to the committees. I have a call in to Karen at our agency to ask about the progress. I am hoping to know more specifics by the end of the week. I have gathered from reading a few other blogs that the paper work goes through two committees and then a court date is assigned. Once our court date is assigned, our in country coordinator represents us in court. After the judge gives us approval as parents, we wait for a mandatory 3o days and then can go back to pick Dimitri up and bring him home forever. YEAH!!!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment