Friday, October 17, 2008

Going For A Visit

Well it has been a long time since my last post and I still have no news from Kyrgyzstan. I crashed last week, emotionally. But I am up and running again. Changing my way of thinking has helped. I have decided to make another trip to Kyrgyzstan to visit Dimitri, reconnect with him and see if there is anything more we can do to support him while he is there. I have been going back and forth about making this trip, wanting so much to go but thinking that I don't want to put myself in a position to get even more disappointed. However, if things were to fall through (and they are not going to) it would be heart breaking trip or no trip. No matter what, Dimitri will always be a part of our life and family. So, this is just another opportunity to go and reconnect with him at a young age and to make sure he is getting all that we can possibly give him while he is there.
I will be leaving on Nov. 1st and returning on Nov. 10th. I have the pleasure of traveling with two of my internet friends who are also at the same point in this process as we are. It will be great to finally meet in person and share this experience with them!
So, there is much to be done. I am off for now.

2 comments:

Suzanne said...

I'm so glad you're coming along, Shelley!

-Suzanne

Schlef Family said...

I am excited Dimitri will be able to see you again! You'll continue to be in our prayers.