Monday, September 1, 2008

Strength in Numbers

I am happy to be able to confidently report that at least 5 cases were signed off by the 5 committee members and the Minister of Education on Monday and Tuesday. Yeah!!! This is the first movement of cases in Bishkek that we have seen since February. There is truly strength in numbers and power in prayer!
I am not so happy to report that our case has been held up. Apparently we need to add a new document, a cover letter to our Dossier (packet of papers). This was something that was added to the requirement during the restructuring in April. When I asked about the changes in required documents back in May, I was reprimanded and told I should not be reading things on the web. I was told that since our dossier had already passed through the Kyrgyzstan Embassy in DC and was already in the country we would be OK. It looks like we are not. I don't know much else about this as our agency coordinator has not been returning my calls or answering my e-mails. Probably better on both our parts. It has given time for my anger to dissipate and reality to set in. If I get angry, I think I would only be causing them to avoid me or tell me things that are not true just to avoid confrontation. And what I want right now is quick responses and just the truth whatever that may be.
So, we continue to pray and wait some more.

3 comments:

Angela said...

So sorry to hear about the latest delay. How frustrating for your family.

My thoughts and prayers are with you
Angie

Angela said...

Hello

I was just reading Suzannes blog straight down the mountain and thought you may find what her agency is doing interesting

Angie

Gen 's Family Story said...

Sorry about the delay in paperwork...argh!!! We are praying that all will go smoothly once this hitch is through!