I came across the following words in a blog the other day
By the same token, it can be very easy to wonder where He is when we see children suffering and unloved, handicapped men without heat or proper nutrition and people dying of AIDS? How can we see tragedies of seeming enormous proportion such as the fires in Australia and not question where was God? We can not see Him, because we don't want to see inside our own hearts to find Him, we don't want to feel obligated to act so we work very hard to ignore that He dwells in us, that we ARE His tools here on earth. By asking where He is, by blaming Him for not being present or actually ignoring His presence, it lets US off the hook, doesn't it? Nothing then is required of us.
I like the message that we tend to forget that God is in us if we are open and it is through us that he is able to be present during "bad" times and that he is only able to be seen and felt (present) if we are willing to listen and act. This really hits home for me right now. It all seems to come down to free will. We were create with free will. We alone are responsible for our choices and for only our choices. We can try to teach and influence but in the end the only choices we are fully in control of are our own. We are all acting out of free will even those in Kyrgyzstan and I am sure it is probably much easier to be open and look inside your heart when you are living in an environment where a sense of safety exists. When you do not feel safe the voice of fear is probably has a very strong influence on your choices. Then are you truly able to act out of free will or does fear take that privilege away from you. It takes a very strong person to first recognize, then ignore and or override the voice of fear. I am praying for an increasing sense of safety to develop within Kyrgyzstan and within me in terms of this adoption process so that I can act from my heart as well. I am thinking that the sense of safety for me is going to come from letting go, not of the process but of the desire to be in control of it and the outcome. I am choosing to focus my energy on helping to make changes in the systems within the country which I hope will be part of bringing about that sense of safety for the people. I have some ideas brewing......
1 comment:
Shelley,
Just got caught up on your blog posts. I would love to hear about your brewing ideas.
Mary from TN
Post a Comment