Monday, February 23, 2009

Where We are Landing

after the storm in my head and heart dies down. So for the first time in my life I am aware enough to realize there are many strong signs pointing me down a specific path. The path that I am hoping will leads toward helping to restore free will within Kyrgyzstan. The branch of that path that I am on has to do with the children. I figure if Kyrgyzstan is unable to let it's children go to another country, then I can help to develop the systems that are needed within the country to improve the conditions where they are. System that allow the children to be better prepared and supported. Systems that help to insure that none fall through the crack and are left with no one and nothing at 16 when they age out of the orphanages and systems that could possibly keep the children at home with their families instead of in the orphanages at all. This is a lofty goal but I realize a very solid start toward achieving it is already present in the work and philanthropic opportunities made available through the efforts of John Wright and http://www.simpledreams.biz/ . He and the people he works with are building these systems. What feels right for our family, at this point in time, is that we will be continuing to try to complete the adoption of Dimitri and also adopting a family or maybe two in Kyrgyzstan. After a bit of creative readjusting of the budget, I was able to free up enough each month to allow us to be providing the financial support that they need to keep their children at home with them, while they are provided with guidance and assistance to aquire what is needed to become self sufficient. If you would like to check out the variety of opportunies large ansd small in Kyrgyzstan, please click on the link to simple dreams above.

No comments: